Saturday 16 November 2013

My Plunge into the World of Radio

This week I produced my first radio show on Commercial Radio- and I absolutely loved it! I hadn't really entertained the idea of radio before last week, but the opportunity was there- so I jumped.

The station I'm working at is based in an old Portakabin in the local councils carpark. I get the impression that this is where most community stations are based, as quite frankly they can't afford anything else! The station is run almost entirely by volunteers which means that everyone you meet loves to be there. Although it's nothing glamorous, it's a little gem.


Going live on air gave me the biggest thrill. Admittedly my heart was going a trillion mph just as the adverts had finished- but i managed to pull myself together when the adrenaline kicked in! Producing the show live means that it is my responsibility to adjust the running order if and when it needs to be. Obviously this happened on the first show, but I think I did a fairly decent job of shuffling things round so we were back on track! Roll on next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment